Translation, Localisation & Transcreation Workshop
€70.00 – €85.00 Excl. Tax
Understand the processes and procedures involved in translation, localisation and transcreation. Transcreation is a broadly misunderstood term that means different things to different people. Companies that choose to transcreate their brand messages and materials ensure that audiences the world over experience the same emotional reactions to their brand. We will explain how transcreation takes translation further than the adaptation of content in one language to another whilst protecting the meaning of the words. We will talk though how it brings together marketing, linguistics, creative copywriting and design, taking account of tone, nuance, colour and style.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at non-linguist Project and Product Managers across all sectors and those working on multi-territory research, marketing, PR and communications campaigns that are responsible for managing projects requiring translation, localisation or transcreation.
What attendees will learn:
How to manage a successful project – The Translation process
• Timings – Briefing; Proof-reading: Revision Cycles; Reviews
• Translation is not an exact science. How do you judge/reconcile on what is the ‘best’ translation when translators disagree?
• Back translation – Why do it and is it worth it? Impact on budgets
• Source Materials and Content Formats – From simple Word documents through the translation of InDesign and HTML with numerous dependent files, to transcribing and providing time coded subtitles for video and the immediacy of social media – what challenges could you face?
• Desktop Publishing and Digital & Social Content
• Imagery – considerations for what is acceptable in different cultures
• Translation Management Systems and their advantages to your project
• Quality & Standards
• Translation Memories and Bilingual Tables – What are they, how do they help and who owns them? Risk of knowledge transfer and secrecy issues
• Machine Translation
• Compliance – Issues faced in industries such as Pharmaceutical, Legal and Financial
Trainer: Russell Goldsmith MPRCA
Start Time: 10:30:00 GMT
End Time: 12:00:00 GMT
- Ten PR and Communications Industry Leaders Set to Speak at the World PR Day Fireside Chats on July 15 and 18 14th July 2022
- Does Transparency Pay Off? 12th July 2022
- World PR Day: Millions Around the World to Celebrate Public Relations on July 16 1st July 2022
- Team Indonesia Win Gold at Cannes Young PR Lions 24th June 2022
July 1 @ 8:00 am - October 28 @ 11:30 pm
October 11 @ 9:00 am