#POWERofETHICS Campaign: 3rd September – 5th October 2018
ICCO members are uniting in urging agencies large and small and professionals from all manor of PR backgrounds to #WalktheTalk and to recognise the #PowerofEthics in PR across 55 countries around the world. One year since the Bell Pottinger expulsion from PRCA on 4th September 2017 caused shockwaves throughout the profession, ICCO association members are collectively uniting around a campaign that will reinforce the high standards PR practitioners should abide by and educate those outside the profession of the power of PR to bolster ethical principles across all various sectors and cultures.
The Message from the Global PR Industry
1. High ethical standards are critical for PR agencies. Let’s educate other professionals on what those standards are and how best to apply them practically, live by them and embed them into agency culture and our working lives.
2. PR is a powerful ethical tool. Ethics needs PR in the same way that PR needs ethics. Let’s celebrate and promote the great work PR has done to promote ethics and ethical issues across industries and cultures.
How you can get involved
- Send us your blogs and case studies about ethical practice and the power of PR in ethical causes
- Send us your insights on the latest ethical challenges or campaigns you are proud of in PR at #PowerofEthics
- Take one ICCO’s or your national association’s training courses on ethics: 50% off throughout the #PowerofEthics
- Organise an ethics awareness event at your agency, bringing attention to the Helsinki Declaration
Be an advocate!
In October 2017, ICCO associations were part of a project to define the 10-basic principles of ethical practice that PR professionals should hold themselves accountable to. We urge members that in addition to abiding by our Code Of Conduct, to also become a Helsinki Declaration Advocate.
- Sign up to the Helsinki Declaration by completing and returning this form to email@example.com
- Make your organisation an Helsinki Declaration Advocate and share best practice with employees and stakeholders.
- Once added to the database of advocates, download the logo here and display this on corporate stationary, emails and your company CSR page.
- @PRTalkUK twitter discussion on the power of ethics in PR tonight (3rd September) at 20:30. Francis Ingham MPRCA, Chief Executive, ICCO and Director General, PRCA, will be taking part. Just use the hashtag #prtalk to join in
- PROCOM: Internal communications: tools for the employee experience, 4th September, Helsinki
- Holmes Report: Ethics Roundtable with H+K Strategies on 12th September, Singapore
- PRCA Events
- Responsible Influencer Marketing, 12th September, London
- PRCA National Conference on 21st September, London entitled ‘Embracing Change’ tackling ethical issues that the communications world is dealing with, reconsidering the social value of PR
- Ethics in Communications Webinars, Online: 15% off all upcoming ‘Ethics in PR and Communications’ courses this month. To receive the discount, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- How are your ethics? 2nd October, Birmingham
- ICCO Global Summit 4-5 October, Dublin. The Summit will include sessions on Combating Mistrust, Regional Ethical Challenges, Advocacy, and Responsible Data Science amongst many other topics
- Helsinki Declaration Advocates, we’re encouraging PR pros to revisit the ten principles and raise standards collectively by advocating them to colleagues and stakeholders
- Follow Ethics Blogs being added throughout September
- Join the conversation on Twitter using @iccopr #POWERofETHICS