Translation, Localisation & Transcreation Workshop
€70.00 – €85.00 Excl. Tax
Understand the processes and procedures involved in translation, localisation and transcreation. Transcreation is a broadly misunderstood term that means different things to different people. Companies that choose to transcreate their brand messages and materials ensure that audiences the world over experience the same emotional reactions to their brand. We will explain how transcreation takes translation further than the adaptation of content in one language to another whilst protecting the meaning of the words. We will talk though how it brings together marketing, linguistics, creative copywriting and design, taking account of tone, nuance, colour and style.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at non-linguist Project and Product Managers across all sectors and those working on multi-territory research, marketing, PR and communications campaigns that are responsible for managing projects requiring translation, localisation or transcreation.
What attendees will learn:
How to manage a successful project – The Translation process
• Timings – Briefing; Proof-reading: Revision Cycles; Reviews
• Translation is not an exact science. How do you judge/reconcile on what is the ‘best’ translation when translators disagree?
• Back translation – Why do it and is it worth it? Impact on budgets
• Source Materials and Content Formats – From simple Word documents through the translation of InDesign and HTML with numerous dependent files, to transcribing and providing time coded subtitles for video and the immediacy of social media – what challenges could you face?
• Desktop Publishing and Digital & Social Content
• Imagery – considerations for what is acceptable in different cultures
• Translation Management Systems and their advantages to your project
• Quality & Standards
• Translation Memories and Bilingual Tables – What are they, how do they help and who owns them? Risk of knowledge transfer and secrecy issues
• Machine Translation
• Compliance – Issues faced in industries such as Pharmaceutical, Legal and Financial
Event Type: Webinar
Trainer: Russell Goldsmith MPRCA
Start Time: 10:30:00 GMT
End Time: 12:00:00 GMT
- ICCO Global Pulse Check reveals PR industry’s mental health in lockdown 14th August 2020
- Covid-19: How consultancies are helping clients adapt to the new normal 26th March 2020
- Being Human In The Time Of Coronavirus 25th March 2020
- How to be an effective remote worker during the Coronavirus 25th March 2020