ICCO has launched a new global competition for PR professionals under 35 will take place in October 2021.
ICCO is committing to nurturing, encouraging, and promoting the next generation of talent in PR. Sourcing and retaining top talent is something that ICCO members battle with every day, no matter what region of the world they are based. The latest ICCO initiative to support this effort is a new competition, the Next Generation PR World Cup, offering a fresh opportunity for talented PR professionals under 35 to shine.
- Teams of two people
- Under the age of 35
- Agency, in-house, freelance (no restriction).
- National and Regional PR associations can open for national qualifier competitions entries, or determine the competitors through existing competitions and other merits.
- The competition must have been completed and winners chosen and submitted to ICCO by 30th September 2021.
Final Competition, 13th – 20th October 2021
- One team submitted per country.
- Finalists will be given a detailed brief, set by a global NGO on 13th October
- Teams have five days to create a with a 5-minute video pitch explaining their creative campaign to deliver the brief including strategy, approach, and execution.
- All finalists will be given a brief by an NGO and competition will run as described, with brief distributed on 13th October and video submitted by 18th.
- Judging will take place between 18th and 20th October
- The judges will then determine the Gold, Silver and Bronze winners.
The World Cup Submission
- Video file submitted (5 minutes maximum)
- Deck of maximum 10 slides
- Describe the creative idea, potential for industry impact, the strategy, execution, and timescales.
- Hit on the requirements of the detailed brief written by a globally recognised NGO.
Gold Winner Prize
- Opportunity to present at ICCO Global Summit (2022) with travel and accommodation.
- Winner’s trophy
- Opportunity to discuss the idea with NGO.
- All finalists join exclusive ‘Next Generation Finalists Group’ within ICCO, with the opportunity to contribute ideas and proposals to the ICCO Board of Management.