A new global competition for PR professionals under 35 will take place in October 2021.
ICCO is committing to nurturing, encouraging, and promoting the next generation of talent in PR. Sourcing and retaining top talent is something that ICCO members battle with every day, no matter what region of the world they are based. The latest ICCO initiative to support this effort is a new competition, the Next Generation PR World Cup, offering a fresh opportunity for talented PR professionals under 35 to shine.
- Teams of two people
- Both under the age of 35 as of 1st August 2021.
- Agency, in-house, freelance (no restriction, do not need to be from the same organisation).
- National and Regional PR associations can open for national qualifier competitions entries, or determine the competitors through existing competitions and other merits.
- The competition must have been completed and winners chosen and submitted to ICCO by 30th September 2021.
Final Competition, 13th – 20th October 2021
- One team submitted per PR association
- Finalists will be given a detailed brief, set by a global NGO.
- Teams must send a deck of no more than 10 slides after 48 hours. This includes 150 words on the creative idea.
- Teams have one week to create a with a 3-minute video explaining their creative campaign to deliver the brief including strategy, approach, and execution. See ‘submission’ below.
- All finalists will be given a brief by an NGO and competition will run as described, with brief distributed on 13th October and video submitted by 20th Judging panel will choose best 4 videos to compete in a semi-final.
- The top 4 videos will then be put through to an online public vote, which will run on ICCO and the NGO website running 22nd October – 1st The top 2 will be put through to a final. (The other two will receive bronze medals).
- The 2 finalists will then face a virtual Q&A with the jury members as well as the NGO (2nd November). They will then choose the winner, which will be announced on day 2 of the ICCO Summit 18th
The World Cup Submission
- Video file submitted (3 minutes maximum)
- Deck of 10 slides
- Describe the creative idea, potential for industry impact, the strategy, execution, and timescales.
- Hit on the requirements of the detailed brief written by a globally recognised NGO.
- Opportunity to present at ICCO Global Summit (2022) with travel and accommodation.
- Winner’s trophy
- Opportunity to discuss implementation of the idea with NGO.
- All finalists join exclusive ‘Next Generation Group’ within ICCO
Details of the student competition and participating universities will be announced in due course.