Ethics in PR
€70.00 – €85.00 Excl. Tax
The course covers an understanding of where PR meets legal obligations, where industry standards must be respected and met consistently, why a strong ethical approach is essential to uphold the PR profession and ultimately what the PRCA expects from its members with reference to its Professional Charter and Codes of Conduct.
Course delegates will have clearer understanding of what is acceptable professional advice and behaviour and what is not acceptable/illegal.
All attendees will gain an understanding in:
- What the PRCA Professional Charter and Codes of Conduct mean
- What the typical ethical challenges are that PR practitioners face
- What you should and should not do for clients
- How complaints against PRCA members are handled
What you will learn:
- The principles of best practice that cover all PRCA members
- The process that the PRCA follows when it receives a complaint against a member
- The sanctions that can be imposed following a complaint
- The rules for how members use Parliamentarians and other holders of public office
- The requirements on all PRCA members to disclose and keep updated their client lists
The course comprises of a short presentation outlining where PR meets the law, including recent or relevant cases, it also covers the standards and broad ethical aims of the PR industry and specifically the PRCA code of conduct.
The course also includes a test of over 35 different ethical dilemma’s, covering simplistic, subjective, small, large, or specialist scenarios, and each candidate must decide on the most appropriate way forward, always carefully considering the boundaries and stipulations of the Code.
Delegates are expect to achieve over 80% correct answers to pass the course.
Trainer: Claire Walker FPRCA
Date: Fri 15th June 2018
Start Time: 10:30:00 GMT
End Time: 12:00:00 GMT
- New Handbook for Travelling PR Pros 15th August 2019
- World PR Report 2019-2020 Survey Launched 23rd July 2019
- ICCO Elects Grzegorz Szczepanski as Vice-President 23rd July 2019
- How the PR industry rediscovered its Cannes mojo 24th June 2019
September 11 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
September 18 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm