The ICCO University PR World Cup is a pitching competition for university students from around the world who want to put their creativity and PR knowledge to the test.
In teams of two, competitors will go head to head with students from around the world to formulate and pitch an innovative PR campaign idea that addresses a brief set by an international NGO.
(Please note, this is not the same competition as the ICCO Next-Gen PR World Cup which is for working PR professionals 35-years and younger. For more details about the ICCO Next-Gen PR World Cup click here. )
Deadline to enter team: 4th November
Competition begins: Week of 14th November
Teams meet virtually for NGO briefing on Monday, 14th November, 12pm GMT (30 minutes)
Teams have 72 hours to deliver campaign by 17th November
Judges then have until Tuesday, 22st November, 12:00 GMT, to submit scores
Winners announced 12:00 GMT, 23rd November, on a virtual call
The ICCO University PR World Cup – Competition notes:
In teams of two, participants must work to invent a PR campaign that demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of a brief which will be set by a chosen NGO (TBA) and meets all their detailed requirements. Campaigns will be submitted to a list of international judges (academics and PR professionals) who will, using a scoring system, select a winning campaign.
- Open to all Universities (members and non-members)
- Teams to be made up of two students with one mentor from the Global PR Youth Board and PRCA’s NextGen Groups. (mentors will be assigned by coordinators)
- Mentors must commit to 2 chats during the 48-hour competition
- Two teams maximum per university
- Ensure availability for the week of 14th November
- Judges will be a combination of academics and practitioners
- Video file submitted (5 minutes maximum)
- Deck of maximum 10 slides
- Describe the creative idea, potential for industry impact, the strategy, execution, and timescales.
- Aim to satisfy all requirements of the detailed brief written by the globally recognised NGO.
- Internship with a leading agency in their local city (F2F or virtual internship)
- Feature interview on ICCO and PRCA websites, appearance on industry podcast, and name headlined in member newsletters (more than 10,000 PR professionals subscribed)
- Free tickets to PRCA Virtual International Summit 2023
To enter or nominate a team into the 2022 ICCO University PR World Cup, please fill out the form below.
If you need further details about the competition please send your query to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ICCO University PR World Cup competition is a separate initiative running alongside the ICCO Next-Gen PR World Cup, which is open for PR working Professionals 35-years and under. Learn more about this competition here.