The annual ICCO European Forum is an opportunity for PR practitioners across Europe to come together and discuss the most urgent challenges they face across the continent. Organised by ICCO’s European PR associations, the event is used to both facilitate debate and to progress new ideas and joint initiatives for PR agencies across Europe.
Location: Strasbourg, France
Date: 1st June, 2023
Time: 12:30 – 17:30 CEST, (Networking 18:00 – 19:30 CEST)
Theme: “Battling Misinformation and Communicating Truth”
This is a unique opportunity for PR firms to present clear and direct messages to political communicators and policymakers.
Patrick Penninckx, Head of Information Society, Council of Europe
Grzegorz Szczepanski, CEO, Hill+ Knowlton Poland & President, ICCO
The disinformation threat and why industry leaders should care about it
A discussion of how viral misinformation spreads, prevention methods and solutions and the impact on businesses and society
- Sally Lehrman, CEO, The Trust Project
- Sophie Labbe, European Medicines Agency
- Andrianos Giannou, EU Affairs Director, EURACTIV
A better information society is everyone’s responsibility
A discussion on the different media stakeholders roles in responding to threats, creating conditions where accurate information can be trusted
- Marie Bohner, Head of Development and Partnerships, Digital Investigation, AFP (Agence France-Presse)
- Andrew Hillier, Managing Director – Communications and Corporate Affairs, Ballinger Equine & Board Member, EACD
- Juergen Gangoly, Managing Director, The Skills Group; Partner, Team Farner; Co-Founder Agency Experts
14:30 Coffee Break
PR in action Campaigns to Address Information Threats
Moderator: Massimo Moriconi, CEO, Omnicom PR Group Italy & European President, ICCO
PR speakers & case studies from creative responses purpose driven issues demonstrating real impact
- Energy Campaigns – Jari Lähdevuori, Creative Director, Co-Founder at Kurio
- Ocean Literacy – Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO
- Council of Europe – campaign on the safety of journalists
Trust Indicators, Media Education and The Cross-Discipline Solutions
How different stakeholders can come to together to share responsibility for educating, informing and restoring trust in reliable information and exposing unreliable information.
17:00 – 19:00
– Spaces for this event are limited. After you have registered, please wait for confirmation from the ICCO team that your spot has been secured.