Ethics in PR
€70.00 – €85.00 Excl. Tax
The course covers an understanding of where PR meets legal obligations, where industry standards must be respected and met consistently, why a strong ethical approach is essential to uphold the PR profession and ultimately what the PRCA expects from its members with reference to its Professional Charter and Codes of Conduct.
How you will benefit:
Course delegates will have clearer understanding of what is acceptable professional advice and behaviour and what is not acceptable/illegal.
All attendees will gain an understanding in:
- What the PRCA Professional Charter and Codes of Conduct mean
- What the typical ethical challenges are that PR practitioners face
- What you should and should not do for clients
- How complaints against PRCA members are handled
What you will learn:
- The principles of best practice that cover all PRCA members
- The process that the PRCA follows when it receives a complaint against a member
- The sanctions that can be imposed following a complaint
- The rules for how members use Parliamentarians and other holders of public office
- The requirements on all PRCA members to disclose and keep updated their client lists
The course comprises of a short presentation outlining where PR meets the law, including recent or relevant cases, it also covers the standards and broad ethical aims of the PR industry and specifically the PRCA code of conduct.
The course also includes a test of over 35 different ethical dilemma’s, covering simplistic, subjective, small, large, or specialist scenarios, and each candidate must decide on the most appropriate way forward, always carefully considering the boundaries and stipulations of the Code.
Delegates are expect to achieve over 80% correct answers to pass the course.
Event type: Webinar
Trainer: Claire Walker
Start Time: 10:30:00 GMT
End Time: 12:00:00 GMT
Employee Change Communications€70.00 – €85.00 Excl. Tax
- Singapore’s Heather Seet & Victoria Brown, winners of the ICCO Next-Gen PR World Cup finals 21st October 2021
- Stats show almost half of PR professionals to resume international business travel 20th October 2021
- Jessica Oppenheim & Leticia Villegas – Mexico’s ICCO Next-Gen PR World Cup Finalists 17th October 2021
- Sophie Webster & Elliot Payne, UK’s ICCO PR World Cup Finalists 17th October 2021
November 17 - November 18